Saturday, June 19, 2010

Until She Comes











Givenchy Resort 2011

I often find that the Resort collections are either super relevant or super insulting to a Queenslander like myself. Super insulting would be kitsch renditions of our 'lifestyle' in sarongs, bad bikinis and flip flops. Particularly useless because when resort is shown each year Brisbaneites are coincidently enjoying our mellow winter sunshine.

Ricardo Tisci has got the Resort thing right, in my humble opinion. His collection is not as overtly elaborate as the Ready to Wear collection aesthetic he is known for, but continues in the same vein. Almost every look had a piece I would LOVE to own. The above looks I would love to own, head to toe. I adore that he injected leopard print into his classic red black and white palette, an addition apparently inspired by Frida Kahlo and her work. I love that he hasn't taken the 'resort' connotations literally (usually the irrelevant and insulting collections!) but instead has focused on a collection that is more readily wearable and accessible, a tit bit for devoted Tisci fans to feast on until the next Ready to Wear show..

My favorite looks are 3, 9, 10 and 11 - just in case you were wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment