Thursday, January 19, 2012

That Girl I Used to Know


Really feeling the aesthetic of Lover's Autumn Winter 2012 lookbook, particularly this little leather collared dress and the draped velvet jacket. I love the darker color palette and grungy undertones; reminds me of first discovering Fugazi in high school, uniform of inevitably ripped opaque stockings, shorter than allowed black skirt and headphones hidden in an oversized blazer and mass of unkept black hair.
I always love Marni but often don't see their collections fitting into my wardrobe, it's almost as though I see their pieces for myself at a different stage in life, or if I had a different lifestyle. These shoes, however were love at first sight. Perfect accompaniment to my favorite little black velvet dress or even with a crisp white blouse and black leather skirt - my lazy go to outfits which I know always work.

No comments:

Post a Comment